- Tours of the State Capital Museum are offered Thursdays, 10 AM to 3 PM, with advanced reservations.
- Tours range 1-2 hours, depending on the group's needs.
- Group tour minimum size is 20. Maximum group size on premises at one time
- Adult and Senior Group Tour size is 20 adults.
- Visitor Rates:
- Students (ages 6-18):$1.00 each
- Adults: $2.00
- Senior citizens: $1.75
- Student group rates: For every 5 students, 1 adult will be admitted free of charge.
- Reservations must be made 2 weeks in advance.
Call Len Balli at
(360) 586-0170 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays or via email Len.Balli@wshs.wa.gov
for additional information or to make your reservations.
2011-2012 School Programs
Planning Your Visit
As part our education museum visit program, we also offer EXHIBIT ENRICHMENT CLASSES designed to enhance
students understanding of museum exhibits and historical concepts. The classes are created and taught
by professional artists and historians.
You may select from the following classes:
People, Politics, and Power:
The Surprising Story of Washington’s State Capitol
and the South Capitol Neighborhood
Today it is easy to take for granted our current State Capitol with its magnificent stone dome. It seems to have been there for ages. Not so! The present-day structure is but the last of a series of buildings that have served as Capitol of Washington. Behind its creation is a surprising story of people, politics, and power.
A slide-illustrated class with a walking tour of the historic neighborhood surrounding the museum, led by historian and author Drew Crooks.
This class is a great addition to a visit to the seat of Washington’s government.